Ads 468x60px

I rejected Chelsea, Manchester United & Real Madrid, reveals Lewandowski

The striker, who has recently accepted he will see out the remainder of his contract at BVB, says he held discussions with Florentino Perez, Jose Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson

Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has revealed he turned down the chance to join Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United in the past year.

The Poland striker, who hit four goals against Madrid in the Champions League semi-final first leg last season, has recently conceded that he will remain at Signal Iduna Park until next year when his contract runs out despite longing to join Bayern Munich this summer.

But it was after the Champions League semi-final where Madrid president Florentino Perez held discussions with the 24-year-old.

"It was in the office near the dressing room at the Bernabeu straight after the match. We spoke to each other briefly and...OK, let's just say we spoke," he told The Sun.
"I didn't say 'no'. I was mostly listening to Mr Perez."
The performance also caught then-Madrid boss Jose Mourinho, who sent a text message asking Lewandowski to join him at his next club, which proved to be Chelsea.

"Yes, there was a situation like this with Jose Mourinho but I wouldn't like to talk about it much," he added.
"It was a private conversation so I don't want to make big things out of it. I can confirm I spoke to him.
"We spoke a few times before. I have his number in my phone. It is a huge compliment for me that a manager with such a big name is texting me this way.
"It is always nice to talk to him but it is not the first time I had such a situation."
Lewandowski was also lined up by former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, though a move did not come to fruition because the forward had unfinished business at Signal Iduna Park.
"One year earlier I also spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson and that was definitely a great feeling," he added.
"The retirement of Sir Alex didn't affect my decision not to come to England. He spoke to me one year ago. It was not at a good time. I knew I still had something big to achieve in Dortmund before I joined a bigger club."