Ads 468x60px

Napoli demand €100m after Higuain accident

The Partenopei owner Aurelio De Laurentiis is unhappy with the treatment his star striker was given following a facial injury he received in a boating accident

Napoli demand €100m after Higuain accidentNapoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis is demanding €100 million in compensation after striker Gonzalo Higuaininjured himself in the region of Campania.
The Argentina international suffered cuts to his face after diving from a hired boat and landing on submerged rocks. He was taken to hospital in a neck brace, where he reportedly required eight stitches to close two separate wounds.
De Laurentiis has blasted the medical attention given to the former Real Madrid striker, who could be out for several weeks.
"I have not met with Higuain," he told Sky Sport Italia. "But I want to see this cut to see if I can sue the region of Campania and Capri.
"An actor, a footballer, an ordinary person - when they go to hospital they must be looked after well.
"I saw a picture of the wound and I am willing to ask my lawyers to ask for €100m in damage - a figure that I will donate to charity.
"I'm tired of not having equal medical care. Politicians must be taught a lesson."
Capri Mayor Ciro Lembo, meanwhile, defended the care given to Higuain.
He told Adnkronos: "Gonzalo Higuain received adequate medical attention.

“He [De Laurentiis] could have avoided making such comments, as despite working under difficult conditions, the medical staff who attended the player received his thanks and the thanks of his friends.

“On top of that, De Laurentiis made the comments on the condition of the player without even having seen him. I therefore don’t understand what he’s accusing the medical staff of.”